Thursday, December 6, 2007

#2 Boot sock or bust!!

I haven't posted in about two weeks. I have no pics for you. And I have been completely frustrated by the starting of the #2 boot sock. I started it 4 times!!!! The first time, I cast on the correct number of stitches, but when I divided them by two (as I knit with two circs) my "I don't have a math brain" decided that 72 divided by 2 = 32?!?! And took off some stitches ......So after knitting the cuff and then beginning the pattern I realized what I had done! So, I cast on again, again having knitted the cuff, beginning the pattern, I then lost a stitch and could not seem to get it back again!! OK, cast on # 3, somehow the K2P2 cuff wasn't working out for me with in the first 2-3 rows (I don't know what I did) so out of complete frustration I frogged it, set it down, and started my Pop's hat!!!! Apparently I needed a break from socks.....

So I am about 5-6" into a really handsome hat, I have cast on for a fourth time for the boot socks and believe I am back on the path to "Christmas present enlightenment"!

Tah, Tah for now.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

That is exactly how I felt when I couldn't figure out that I was knitting my sock inside out. :-)

Found your blog. It is way cooler then mine. I'll have to start adding knitting stuff to mine.