Wednesday, April 29, 2009

SKA submission...




So on April 6, 2009 I began to cast on for these socks. I've been wanting to participate in the Sock Knitter's Anonymous, Sockdown competion for awhile, but I can never seem to get it together in time.... shocker!!! Any who.... For this month, you had to pick a pattern on Ravelry that had less than 15 projects. This pattern is "Loops" and it didn't have any projects so I believe that I am the first. When I found the pattern, I remembered that it had been a suggested pattern for a sock club shipment that I had recieved from Tempted - sock club, the yarn was "Red Hat Society". So I got out the yarn and the pattern and cast on!!!!
I had to make some adjustments, such as: I used #2 circular needles and the pattern called for #5's , the pattern called for worsted weight yarn and of course, I used fingering weight. It also called for 48 stitch cast on , but it seemed to me to be a 15 stitch pattern repeat so I cast on 60 stitches....
I finished these about two weeks ago, but I just got around to taking the picture this morning so that I could post and therefore enter the contest. I hope I'm a winner!!! They have quite a few prizes to give away......

2 comments:

Home of Hearts said...

They look awesome!!

I hope you win too!

Sandi said...

i didn't win because I couldn't ge the pic to post, so I wasn't even entered.......... bummer. But thank you anyways!! How are ya??